[ SHOWGSD-L ] Need Help...

  • From: FAITHFULNANNY4@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:40:12 EDT

Dear List Members: I need some  help regarding a possible topical diaper
ointment poisoning with my one  year old male dog. He has been leaving the tip
of
his private out of his  sheath and the end of it has gotten red and swollen
from him licking it.  My Vet said that I could use neosporin ointment on the
penis and I have,  but it is still red. The Vet, also said, if the dog did not
stop  licking the penis that is causing the redness and swelling that he would
have a Surgeon  put a stitch in the end of it to barely close the  end, to
keep the penis in, but allow him to still be able to urinate.  Because the tip
of
his penis was so fiery red, I thought about using the  Grand babies Desitin
diaper rash ointment because he was so red. I was  thinking, it works when the
Grand babies bottoms are so red, and was  hoping that it would help my dog,
anything before having to have a Surgeon  sew his sheath shut on the end. The
Desitin is mainly zinc oxide and I was  not thinking about Jake licking the
ointment off and ingesting it. I was  thinking about how I wanted to help the
redness go away. Today was  the first day I used the desitin on him,  & now he
has
started  vomiting. I am very concerned and would appreciate any medical
advice you  could provide me with as far as what to do now to stop the
vomiting. My
 dog's Breeder and our Guardian Angel is out of the Country right now  and I
usually seek medical advice from her. Again, any advice given to  help my dog
Jake will be deeply appreciated.

Thank You,

Francine

Francine D.  Martin