[ SHOWGSD-L ] Naughty H$U$

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 14:40:19 EDT

  Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:06:30 -0700
  From: Diane Makinney <diane_makinney@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: HSUS & The Hurricane Pets
  Cross posted from the NAIA list.
  Diane Makinney
  ********************
  Permission to crosspost
For quite some time, there have been rumors that the  Louisiana  Attorney
General had plans to investigate complaints Filed against the HSUS for misuse
of
donated funds in connection with Rescue of pets From the Hurricane Katrina and
Hurricane Rita ravaged Areas of the   Southern states.

It's now official. Complaints and reports have Indicated That supplies (beds,
blankets, toys, crates, x-pens,  Etc.) and food Were never allowed to be used
to help the animals Housed in the rescue Centers. Although thousands of
pounds of top-quality Food were Donated, many volunteers have complained that
they
Were only allowed To feed the rescued animals the cheapest, poorest Quality
foods they Received.
Allegations have been made that purebred rescue groups Were turned Away by
the HSUS and not allowed to pull their own Breeds from the Rescue centers,
unless they were willing to take "X" Number of "others" as well. Additional
reports
indicate that at Least 700 "bully" breed dogs mysteriously disappeared from
the HSUS rescue Centers, never to be seen again. It has also been Widely
reported That some pets were sent to far-away locations,   Quickly adopted out,
And
that no real efforts were made to reunite these Lost pets with Their original
owners.  If you personally volunteered in the post-hurricane Rescue effort (or
If you know someone who did) and may have firsthand Knowledge of the Pet
rescue situation in the aftermath of the Hurricanes, please Contact Attorney
General Foti and provide him with all   Pertinent Information to assist him in
his
effort to ensure that Funds and/or Supplies donated by the compassionate pet
owners of The U.S. Were and   **will be** used for the purposes for which they
were Donated. Press Release and contact information follow:

  PERMISSION TO CROSS POST

< http://www.ag.state.la.us/ViewPressRel.aspx?RelID=451 <
http://www.ag.state.la.us/ViewPressRel.aspx?RelID=451> >;
http://www.ag.state.la.us/ViewPressRel.aspx?RelID=451
http://www.ag.state.la.us/ViewPressRel.aspx?RelID=451

Attorney General Charles Foti Opens Inquiry into Humane Society of the United
States
  March 27, 2006: (Baton Rouge, LA)-Attorney General Charles C. Foti,   Jr.,
announced today that his office has opened an  Inquiry into Allegations
involving funds raised for t /owner
  Reunions by the   Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). The
Attorney General's
  Office is asking the HSUS for an accounting of all Funds HSUS raised  For
the purpose of pet rescue and reunion with pet Owners in the Aftermath of
Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.  The Attorney General's office has received
numerous
Complaints from Pet owners about  problems many are having finding Their pets
following  Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Through its associationWith o ther
animal  Welfare organizations nationwide, HSUS has documented   And placed
Animals in shelters around the country, often Resulting in the
  Displaced pets' adoption. In some cases, pet owners Claim that those Who
are currently caring for the displaced pets are Refusing to Reunite the pet
with
the proper owners. "Once again we will be on the lookout to make sure That
those who seek To raise money for hurricane victims in our state, do  Exactly
what They claim to do when soliciting funds," stated   General Foti, "While I
Commend the work of the many wonderful charitable  Organizations that Have come
forward to help us in our time of need, I Also want people To know that they
cannot take advantage of our Situation in any way," Added General Foti.
  The Attorney General is asking anyone with information About Questionable
fundraising activities by animal groups Or any other Groups to please contact
the Attorney General's
  Consumer Protection   Section at 1-800-351-4889 or visit our website at
www.ag.state.la.us.  < http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=96846>

Hermine Stover
Secretary
Responsible Dog Owners Of The Western States
23280 Stephanie
Perris CA 92570
951 943 0990
fax 943 9199

    |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' ''Le Chat qui dort

Ginger Cleary
He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from
opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will
reach himself.  ~Thomas Paine
Rome, GA http://www.rihadin.com/