[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Nationals

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:53:30 -0800 (PST)

Sandra - I think you hit the nail on the head.   The long strided dogs are just
not winning anymore.   Even as they float around the ring they just don't look
"right" compared to the quick steppers that make up the majority of dogs.   As
it pertains to bitches, part of the reason that we have so many quick steppers
might be size.  With the big effort to downsize I think it's harder to get the
floating sidegait.  Of course I loved the Grand Victrix, I'm sure she wasn't
large (hard to see from far away), and I don't recall that she was a quick
stepper so what do I know.

 Is it true the that some of the critiques had 23 inch bitches marked as
large?  Anyone?
Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com