[ SHOWGSD-L ] Nationals

  • From: "Shirley Melvin" <shiral@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:53:45 -0500

Just wanted to say thanks to the many people that helped out when Alan, my
husband got ill at the Nationals.  I do not know all of your names but
thanks you bunches.  We went to the emergency room and they did blood work
and checked him out and gave him a shot of phenegrin (sp.) and 2 bags of
fluids and potassium and told us it was probably a virus.  Well, he slept
the rest of the day.  Hope all that fell ill at the National are home and
well.  And hope all the California folks are safe!!

Just wanted to also thank all of you that stepped up to help with our Big T
dog (Ch. Mar Haven's Solitaire Traveler).  We had to leave for the hospital
not long before he went in the ring for Breed.  Thanks John & Molly for
making sure Alan and T made it to Colorado and back, to Cyndi Flautt (I owe
you a bottle of Pepto), to IIleana for doubling, Mary for all your help
(always) and to Greg for grooming and working so hard getting T Boy ready
for the Nationals.  And thanks to Al Martin for taking him in even though
you did not know if he would work for you when we weren't even there.  Well,
he did work and I think he looked great.  We arrived back in time to see the
first cut.   Alan was sleeping in the car (thanks Gail Hardcastle for
letting me park the car by the open door so I could go back and forth to
check on Alan).  I was watching and wondering if I should let T Boy know
that I was there because everyone was doing such a good job without me.
Well, T Boy made it to the last cut and we are so proud of him and the way
he showed.   Thanks to all who made the nice comments to us and to Al Martin
about our Big T and to all  in the crowd for your support.

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Thanks to the Colorado club for having a great National.  We will work hard
to make sure that next year's National in Beaumont will be enjoyable also.
So we hope everyone plans to make the trip to Texas for the 2008 GSDCA
National!!!

Thanks again,

Shirley Melvin

Corresponding Secretary