[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National/Don"t Panic

  • From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:43:48 -0500

Actually, Perry is around 200 miles from the coast - I DO NOT want any more
coastal shows, but would not call Perry coastal.   What really gets me is the
fact that "some" of the board members say that Beaumont, TX is in the
"center" of the U.S!!   It may be central on a STRICTLY east/west criteria
but if this
is so, then the N.C. site is also central (on a north/south criteria).

When the surveyed members voted, most of us were not voting "for" coastal
locations!!!  We also (IMO) need a location that can accommodate all venues and
offer adequate facilities for the dogs (stalls, grassy areas, etc).    This
year, I
had planned to exhibit 3 dogs - strictly because of the facility, that has
changed
to only one dog.    Because the herding is being held hours away & days ahead
of the conformation, because no judging is really going to happen until Tuesday
night, my poor dogs would have to be away from home - in a highly stressful
situation (NO STALLS, which means no quietude, privacy, etc) for over 10 days?
It will be stressful enough for my older guy but unacceptable for young pups.

We hear statements about trying to "please" everyone & their needs but, as
many have said, I don't think fancy dinners & presentations, etc. should
have the
same priority as the needs of the dogs & their exhibitors.

Our National may be a dog show, but it should have much more prestige - and
that will come from
having the best dogs of the entire country, not because we have skyboxes!  This
is all, just my opinion but I really felt the need to say it.

Sandy

At 08:32 AM 6/9/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Scott....excellent post...I pretty much agreed to everything you
>said...which means either you are very smart...or we are both on the same
>type of medication...location is the key...many people don't believe this,
>or don't want to believe this...the board will be voting on the 2007 site
>next month...I will do my best to be there...the three sites under
>consideration are Utah ( my personal favorite) Ft , Collins Co. and
>Oregon, God help us if they chose Oregon, and I mean no disrespect to
>board members or folks that live on the west coast, which is exactly where
>I live.It is my belief that Nationals held in coast states with the
>exception of Perry Georgia are not in the BEST interest of the club
>members as a whole, my belief is not a popular one...Judge Judy said it
>best..."beauty fades, but Dumb is forever".....Ed

Sandra Kozub
KcK Kennels
http://iweb.tntech.edu/rkozub/kennel.htm