[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National/Don"t Panic

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:03:50 EDT

at coastal, they look at state.  Last time I looked, Georgia  has a lot of
coast.   The survey that was put out to the  membership has this country
divided
in three areas - east, west and  central (note, that does not say center) with
the lines drawn north to  south.   Beaumont falls in the central zone.  The
map needs  to be re done and another survey sent out to define locations far
more specifically it appears.   As the map as is was and  voted on, Beaumont is
central.  Concord NC is farther from the coast  than Perry, but still
referred to as coastal.  One board member said  Beaumont was so much like
Perry, but
newer and more up to date.

I understand the concern of all the other criteria for the  national.   There
were several board members in doing the  inspection of the Beaumont site that
said it was one of the most  exhibitor/dog friendly sites ever seen.  The
Chamber of Commerce and  the travel and tourism bureau are behind the national
here, and will  assist in any way that they can.  That help in Albany was of
great  support to their national there.  It is always good to have a  national
where the community wants you there.   All venues can  also be accomodated at
this site.
Grassy areas, stalls (inside in a clean building and air conditioned)
excellent vendor facilities, plenty of parking and hook ups for RV's,
excellent
reasonably priced hotels.....the list can go on and on.

Last year I personally spoke with a representative of Continental  airlines
in Houston.  They are willing to discuss the problems and  work with the club
to accommodate those flying in.  The executive  director I spoke with said to
get back to him 1 year before the show, and  they would sit down with us and
see what could be workable.  I am  sure Nanci Nellis will be more than willing
to work on this with us.

The amenities, facilities and support are there.   Better  not to trash a
place before you have been there.  You could be in for  a wonderful surprise.

Molly

In a message dated 6/9/2005 11:46:08 A.M. Central Standard Time,
skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Actually, Perry is around 200 miles from the coast - I DO NOT  want any more
coastal shows, but would not call Perry  coastal.   What really gets me is the
fact that "some" of  the board members say that Beaumont, TX is in the
"center" of the  U.S!!   It may be central on a STRICTLY east/west criteria
but if this
is so, then the N.C. site is also central (on a  north/south criteria).

When the surveyed members voted, most of  us were not voting "for" coastal
locations!!!  We also (IMO)  need a location that can accommodate all venues
and
offer adequate  facilities for the dogs (stalls, grassy areas, etc).