[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National..Definition

  • From: Denise Williams <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

Without National rotation, I can't see how I would ever be able to attend.  I
can't take off six days in the school year to drive across the country, no
matter if can or can't afford the gas. I only have so many sick/personal days
in the year For me, it's not a matter of money (except when it comes to flying)
but time. Driving across the country takes time I don't have.

  Denise
Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Is the National an annual event which attempts to draw the best dogs from all
over the United States (and Canada)...or is it an event to make sure members
can easily attend every few years because the event is close to them, and my
two questions are sincere ( yes usually I'm being sarcastic)...now the answer
to my question can not be answered BOTH, present day economics dictate that we
can no longer do things they way we did them before....If the National is an
event for the best of the best from all over the US ( and Canada) then
spreading it around the country will weaken the numbers. If it's just a big
social party where every one wants it near them every so often then by all
means we should keep doing as we are currently doing.....there is no perfect
solution, but some solutions are much better than others......and once again I
really don't care where the National is, If I want to go I will, and If I don't
I won't......I loved Oregon, North Carolina, St. Louis ( which
is where I would put it EVERY year) and Denver....reasonable people will
disagree, but at least my reasons are not personal......no school...no
school...no school...no school....hey...when do the Board election fights
start!...lol.....FB

http://sabianshepherds.tripod.com
for show and performance