[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National sites/ Tulsa

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>, <pdragon4@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:53:38 -0800

It does not matter how big an airport is.   I has to be a main hub to get
direct flights from
the specific airline that uses it as their specific main hub.
Even a big International airport doesn't get direct flights from most
airlines......but does receive
fly out direct International flights from International airlines.
An airline directs almost every single  flight to their own main hub airport
and THEN connects the
 flights to all over the Country or other Countries.
Tulsa is not a main hub for any airline that I know of?
DALLAS / Ft. Worth would be the closest main hub for American Airlines....so it
is "doable" for Tulsa.
Next closest would be Chicago for United Airlines and Atlanta for Delta.....
US Air is now part of America West and no longer flies dogs.........another one
gone for dogs.

Sounds like a great site......we could have used a little green spray paint
this year.........<G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: barbmarkh@xxxxxxxxx: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sun, Nov 1, 2009
11:09 pm
  Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] National sites

  I was wondering if anyone had considered the Ford Truck Arena in Tulsa,
Oklahoma as a site for the
   National.   I don't know very much about the site except it looked great on
the streaming video of the Arabian
  National Hose Show.  I think it has 3 large arenas, lots of stalls, it
implies on their site that it has lots of room  -
  it seems like Tulsa is central US.   They had Arabians from all over the
world that were shown at their National.

  Barb
  Marquin GSD