[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National sites - Florida?

  • From: "M. Mike Lynch" <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gailbauman@xxxxxx, ShowGSDs <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:58:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Gail,

Ideally Im sure thats what they would like. But, just
like horse shows, it's becoming increasingly difficult
to find more places which have the things one needs to
put on a successfull show. Ideally, I central location
with everything would be perfect. But, Im sure others
would agree, a virtually perfect location, be it an
extreme, is probably more preferred than one centrally
located and a dump.

The crunch is happening more and more these days. In
fact, our own horse show which Ronda and I put on in
Santa Rosa, CA will probably not be held at the
facility we have had it in for the past 9 years. The
fair refuses to put any money into the stalls, they
have required a 2000$ deposit and they have limited
the use of the warm up arenas in that price. Moreover
for each event, we have to be there a minimum of 3
days.  Same goes for the Monterrey Horse show
facility. Its becoming virtually impossible to find a
good place to hold any event.

It's very simple request to fill the dog show needs: A
nice place with plenty of grass and excersizing spot,
large rings, a reasonably priced facility to ease the
expense from the pocketbook, nearby hotels, easy
axcess in and out--little hassle at the airport, and
"something to do" in case you get showed out! :-)

I feel this Florida facility (and a few others where
I have judged horse shows)probably comes close to it.
Granted, I wish it were centrally located. But
nevertheless, a good facility to look into.

MJL

www.BlackHawk-Farms.com
Northern California American Saddlebred Horse Association
Vice President (Class of 2007)

http://mail.yahoo.com