[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National seating question

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 05:17:43 -0700 (PDT)

You can chalk this up as another reason people aren't showing.  Making money on
any and everything is the way it is with clubs now.  I understand covering
expenses and showing a little profit but come on.  My all breed club has
$25,000 sitting in the bank.  On Friday I paid $10 to park in the fairgrounds
(rather than outside the fairgrounds miles from the showsite) and it was a 4
day show so if I had gone all day it would have cost me $40 just to park!  You
pay for grooming space.....want an electrical outlet...you pay for that
too....not to mention all the regular fees like hotels, entries, handlers,
gas.......I can't go to a show without dropping $500 and up for the weekend
anymore.  Who has that kind of disposable income?  It's become a treat for me
to go to a dog show now.....and a damn rare one at that.

  Cindy
  cinosamgsd.com
Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Just a question a silly one maybe....but other than the sidegait club, why
do we need reserved seating at all? Is it to make money for the PC..
Canada has no reserved seating and there is no friction amongst audience
members for seating....you just pull your chair up and plop down, the
bleachers take care of the rest....
Kathy

On 6/25/07, ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 6/25/2007 1:18:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> bnbgsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Yes, but this year you get to take them home with you after the show.
>
> Evan
>
> --
> http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
> Ch. Elvaston's Nations Cup, TC, OFA