[ SHOWGSD-L ] National ranking...small National entry?

  • From: "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:43:37 -0700

Some one posted about our high rank among AKC numbers. 4th or 5th I think, and
our low ranked National as far as the number of entries....this is what I
think...first I will always believe location, location, location, continues to
be a problem...but a second problem and perhaps an even bigger one than
location is that even though we have One standard..we have TWO very different
dogs that show under this standard...let me explain.....In Feb. I went to
Chicago to a three day specialty show (stayed only two days)..it was a fairly
large entry saw some very nice dogs....two weeks later I went to Denver to see
a four day all-breed show (stayed only two days, the entry was 80 to 90
total...saw some very nice dogs...here is my point....the so-called all-breed
dog is different than the so-called specialty dog...since there are way more
all-breed shows it is my guess that there are way more so-called all-breed
GSDs...well assuming this is true than all these so-called all-breed GSDs would
not enter the National since this show tends to feature the so-called Specialty
dog.....not knowing much about the other breeds it is also my guess that the
difference if any, between specialty and all-breed dogs in other breeds is much
smaller...we have one standard...we should have one type of show GSD...and
please do not say we do just have one, cuz that just aint so....a good friend
of mine said...our standard is like a moving target!.....and we all know a
moving target is hard to hit!....Ed Hill