[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National party question

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: murk@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:45:24 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/2006 4:36:23 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
murk@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
A lot of  them were coming from the Board
Meeting and having a late supper, and yes  a cocktail. We had a GREAT time,
LAUGHED till it hurt..........I met a  BUNCH of new people and just good old
togetherness. I think I had 2  glasses of wine, to

Mo and Everyone
Can't speak for you guys, but YES (OMG) when we go to the Nationals we do  go
and party for a nite , maybe two if we aren't exhausted at weeks end.   We
work our A**es off, up at 4 or 4:30 in the morning, bathing, exercising dogs,
feeding , doubling , handling, taking care of dogs ALWAYS comes before  taking
care of ourselves.  We often don't get in from the show venue  till midnight
or later. Then up at the crack of dawn again.  We miss meals,  regular
workouts, we are under enormous stress and pressure, all the while  trying to
keep our
clients from being nervous wrecks.....complaining ?  No,  not a bit.  It is
what we DO.

BUT if we let our hair down with our friends, some that we see only rarely,
if we want to get a little wild and crazy at a party, dance , have a toddie
or two....then we should !!!  So should anyone , that is doing the hard  work
that is necessary to participate in the National, as an exhibitor or  one of
the folks running the show.   Heck the National is a  CELEBRATION, not of just
good dogs, but of friendships and good times....
I cannot imagine anyone having to defend what , or with whom or how  much
they drank.  As long as dogs are cared for, hotel premises are  well kept, and
no
body is getting arrested.....then go for it.

It is a party, the biggest of the year.  I am over 21 ...wayyyyyy  over, and
don't want to be chaparoned...do you guys?

Kathy who LOVES the National....show and AFTER SHOW. SEE YOU  THERE!