[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National on the east coast--

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm" <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>, "MORGAN LEWIS" <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:39:53 -0700

Ah, Ha! Teresa is right. I cannot argue with the US Geological Survey, for they
passed their Jr. High Geometry class as well as Geography. Salina is not the
center, Lebanon, KS, 111.3 miles away is. I will not be GV this year. I have a
geography fault!
So, we should plan for a site in Lebanon. Lebanon is a city in Smith County,
Kansas, United States, in the north central part of the state. As of the 2010
census, the city population was 218. In 1918, a scientific survey established
the geographic center of what was then the United States (now the contiguous
"Lower 48" states) lies near the town and a monument was subsequently erected
at the site. There are no city parks or sports arenas, but there are plenty of
open farming fields near by. Finding a host hotel might be difficult and there
is no airport, but planes do land in the farming fields.

Possibly Lebanon or Salina is not our best site choice, so being exactly in the
center of the nation might not be the best place. I concede. Back to the
drawing board.

Dave