[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National on the East OR West coast--

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>, <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 07:53:01 -0700

That's my point.   If we had it more CENTRALIZED....it would not be an
"East Coast~ West Coast thing" ...and it would be possible for everyone
to get there.  ( WITH A DOG )
I did not say EASY.....I'm just asking for POSSIBLE!!!

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

myjoygs@xxxxxxx

Not to get into the west coast east coast thing.  But when the national is
in oregon or california or Utah, the east coast people have to travel clear
across the country as well or they don't go.  When is the last time there
was a national on the east coast, besides this one?  I think that both
coasts have the same struggles.  JMO

MYJOY SHEPHERDS
Joyce Willis

From: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
o: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:43 PM
ubject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] National on the East  OR West coast--

ell Dave, you are in Reno� "The Biggest Little City In The World"�
 think that is what the 'Gateway' sign says.� Signs sure aren't
always truths are they?� <G>�  We IN the West consider Colorado
as more of� "The Gateway To The West".�

All I know is that when the National is all the way on the East Coast,
we miss seeing a lot of great dogs that cannot get there.
hen the National is all the way on the West Coast...we miss seeing
a lot of great dogs that cannot get there.� �
NEITHER situation is good for THE BREED!�
We are getting smaller as it is without cutting off a part of the U.S.�
Can't make a profit that way...then you have to come up with 'gimmicks'�
and raise prices.�  We ought to know better.�  Neither works.

What we REALLY NEED is National sites that allows EVERYONE at least the
'POSSIBILITY' of getting there every single year!!�  The more Central
they are...the more likely that is.� It seems to me sites like Utah or
Colorado are at least POSSIBLE for everyone ...and a site like St. Louis
is the same for a rotation.�  Each a little further for the other Coast
to drive...or fly...but at least both are DOABLE.�
NEITHER should have the site there three years in a row as it makes it a
hardship for the VERY SAME people and dogs all three years!!!
The way airlines and gas are priced now...we need to think of a reasonable
solution for all of us.� Make it at least POSSIBLE.