[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National memories

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, CagGra@xxxxxxx, hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 20:16:41 EST

In a message dated 11/13/2008 5:06:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:
I am  sure people can find something to complain about at every national.  I
prefer to think the PC and Beaumont club did a heck of a job pulling this
National together under terrible conditions.--I hope that the money that  we
spent down there helped some of the residents a little after what they  have
been thru.  I drove a long way by myself did not make near as  much money as
usual.  But you know what I had a great time.  I  had dog people give me a
hand loading and unloading all my things  ,  offers to watch my booth while I
took a break  etc   This  was a great group that showed up and we had a great

time.

Sally

I have to agree with Sally. Was my hotel bad?  Yes, but we are back at  home,
so life is good. In retrospect, I think we all had a good time because  there
was CAMARADERIE!!  You should've seen Johny Waldrop's surprise  Birthday
Party.......we had a good time, mainly because we set out to.   Just don't get
on
the way of Sally's air conditioner.....LOL.

Anyone that asked for help was helped graciously.  We brought in  water,
french bread, cold cuts, cheese, chips, and anyone could come by and grab  a
sandwich or a bottle of water, and many did, and were very thankful.  We
didn't
like the food there, and didn't want to drive for lunch, so we packed a
picnic.
No big deal.

A funny comment from the neighbors in Bo's booth.....you can tell a Mom,  she
feeds everyone....LOL

Considering the damages the city of Beaumont suffered during the hurricane
season, I am thankful that the National went thru, and we enjoyed it, and now
we  are at home planning on Ohio.

I know I am.

Ileana