[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National locations, Critiquing Judging...and now RAW

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:12:42 -0800

Ed, sometimes I wonder and you....
anecdotal incidences ARE very important.. they demonstrate possibilities..
you know when you read the side effects of a medication? EVERY single anecdotal
incident is included as a side effect.. EG a side effect of antihistamines is
convulsions - does that mean no one should use them? no.. that means that if a
person has a convulsion, you might want to ask if they use antihistamines as
one of your investigatory questions..
so, the FACT that dogs HAVE become ill or even died from infections obtained
from raw meat, and this puppy was fed raw meat and became ill and died, and
that this was the owners first experience feeding raw meat warrants looking at
raw meat as a possible cause. that doesn't mean feeding raw meat to dogs is
wrong, it just means its a possibility..

if you are so sure about feeding raw, why do you get so defensive (and then
offensive) about it?? Shakespeare said it best " the lady (man) doth protest
too much,me thinks". Hamlet
Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds