[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National count clarification...

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx>, <BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 13:48:13 -0400

I think Lee is correct.  With the economy in its current status, we are
lucky to get this good an entry, no matter where the National is.
   Entries are down at MOST shows, be they specialties or all breed.  People
can't afford to buy dog food, never mind show dogs.  Don't you people watch
the news?  Dogs are being abandoned everywhere, left behind in locked up
homes when people have to run away because they can't pay their
mortgages....  Even people who are financially comfortable (or better) have
reduced their non-essential activities.........and dog showing, like it or
not, is not essential.
       I don't think the entry is much different than it's been for the last
6 to 10 years..........altho it's a far, far cry from what it USED to be,
years ago, but so are regular specialty shows way down.
   We used to need 2 judges to do the futurities...and that's no longer
necessary, either.
   Peggy

.