[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National/ consider Newark

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, earsup45@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:38:23 -0400 (EDT)

I am going to suggest something...Continental's largest hub ear Philly is
Newark. LOTS of non stops into Newark.  From Newark is an easy  ride down
the NJ Turnpike to the Dream Park.

When looking for flights, don't overlook Newark. In Newark you pick  the
dogs up right in terminal "C", separate office, free parking, so just go get
your rental car and get the dog, unlike Philly, where you have to get your
rental car and go to Cargo City, and BTW Philly's Cargo City is NOT a 24
hour  facility.

I would MUCH rather take a non-stop to Newark and go directly to the
national rather than worry about connecting flights.  For what it's  worth...

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 3/11/2013 3:57:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Continental is about the only 'reasonable' airline left IMO for  'ACROSS THE
COUNTRY' flying with a dog.
With Continental you almost  always have to have a connecting flight in
Houston and
therein lies the  biggest problem.   They are getting better and better at
it...but
bottom line...BOTH flights on the connection have to have an aircraft  big
enough
to accommodate the 500 or 700 crate.
You might as  well figure on a 700 for a big male.
They will not fly the dog as excess  baggage if you travel with it..so the
cost
does not change.    Adds up when you figure you pay that cost Sue mentioned
BOTH
WAYS and  then there is your own flight expense.
Many of us can afford to go...but  cannot afford to take a dog when it is on
either
Coast and we are on the  opposite Coast.   YET...this is supposed to be the
biggest
dog  show of the year for our Breed!! <G>
All this is why I think the  Parent Club should be "OBLIGATED"  to finding
sites that
are easier  to get to for...ALL OF US ACROSS THE COUNTRY EVERY YEAR!!    Not
just easy
for the East Coast one year...and Easy for the West Coast  another year.

Carolyn   marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com