[ SHOWGSD-L ] National Suggestions

  • From: LEWIEB@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:03:57 EST

Nanci did a WONDERFUL job at the Concord National and there were so many
positive things that happened, we must all take note of them.  Too bad we could
not do an exit interview with everyone that attended but we can do it now.
Tell
me what you liked, what you didn't like, what you want changed, want you want
left alone.

I have already written Nanci a few emails with some things I would like to
discuss with her and whenever she gets all the AKC closeout reports filed we
will talk some more.  The January Board meeting will be filled with some idea
meetings and I need your input.  Call me, write me, email me but do not just
sit
there.  This is YOUR club.

Just a couple of my wish list ideas:

Wednesday:
An Opening Ceremony on Wednesday with the Regional Club Parade:
Judge all Puppy Classes
Futurity/Maturity Finals
Big Party for EVERYONE AT THE NATIONAL

Thursday:
Judge ALL the Dog Classes - WD

Friday:
Judge ALL the Bitch Classes - WB, Best Puppy

Saturday:
Best of Breed
Junior Showmanship during Lunch Break
The Closing Ceremony and Finale of ALL the Winners(Breed,Herding,
Agility,Rally,Obedience,WDS)
The Victory Celebration very informal at the Site

Of course the Stud Dog/Brood Bitch and Parade of Greats would be worked into
this schedule.  All the Obedience, Herding. Agility, Rally, etc., would be
held on these days as scheduled by those chairman.

Yep, this is my wish list so give me your ideas and let's see what we can all
do to increase entries, fill the stands with folks who love the German
Shepherd Dog and educate those who have an interest in our wonderful Breed.

Our Slogan for 2006:  Let's Encourage NOT Discourage.

Lew