[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Seating

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BJBuie@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:41:23 -0700 (PDT)

I think you could take 6 feet off each side of the ring and allow the doulbe
handlers to use that area.I can not  think of one handler that can lap a foot
ball field twice hanging on to a powerful dog and make it look good. What I do
see is after a class or 2 the handlers start cutting the end of the ring Why
not put that area to better use???  Put up some blinds for doublers to hide
behind. Free up the area that you save for other things. It would make doubling
safer and it would also make watching the show safer.I have photographed many
dogs being shown and I also photograph the judge while they are judging. A
judge will set things up at the being and stick with his or her routine. Only
the sun will change where they stack them and where they do their serious
looking.
Terry
BJBuie@xxxxxxx wrote:
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> back
> in St. Louis again. You can't charge for those bleacher seats and the
> tables
> didn't work out so well as people moved them and there just is not enough
> good seats.
>
> Tish

The tables were "moved" because doublers were running and standing between
the tables and the boxes and those who had paid for the tables could not see
through the doublers. Once the tables were moved up to the boxes, the doublers
actually had a better, clearer path behind the tables. I would hope the tables
would be offered again next year. Oh, and the people who had bought the
tables had been promised in person by the Show Chair that no doublers would be
allowed in the table area, they would be restricted to the bleacher side (where
there was space between the ring and the bleachers) and the ends. However, the
doublers immediately started getting in between the tables, blocking the
views and the Show Chair upon being informed did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING> She had
said
previously the area would be roped off to keep the doublers out of the way,
never done. So, the table purchasers took it upon themselves to preserve the
view they had paid over $200 for and moved the tables up to the boxes. Then,
the show chair moved all the tables back on day two and when the table
purchasers got back the second morning and started moving them back, they were
greeted
with the wrath and rudeness of the show chair. Fortunately for those who had
purchased tables and wanted to see, the "majority," won and the tables were
left alone after that. Again, this was actually better for the doublers who
were not content with 3 sides of the arena, but had to have all four sides
because the they could run straight down behind the tables without having to
slow
down and zigzag around the tables.

By the way, I was at the Cardigan national at that arena last year and guess
what, seats were free!

Betty Johnson
Tintagel

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original