[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Schmational

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zarniwoop1973@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 21:40:47 -0800

Becky:

I understand your standpoint - but the point of the National is to celebrate
our breed. You're right, it's just a dog show, but it's also one of the more
important dog shows for our breed that is held all year long.

The past, present and future are found at the National.  Winners can go onto
become the future top producer -- which is why it is so extremely important
that qualified, straight-shooters who have been there and done it should be
the first choice for judges.  Unfortunately the election method we have
relies completely on name recognition, and not actual ability as a judge.

Until it changes, unless there's a darned good reason for me to not go, I'll
be there.  And unless I don't have something that lives up to my standards
to show or I can't get the dog to the show for a reasonable price ($300 each
way isn't it), I'll bring a dog...

Afterall -- it's only one person on the inside of the ring -- and several
hundred on the outside of the ring -- Back in the day -- Careers were made
by just placing at the national -- Can't say that's the case now, but it
sure doesn't hurt to put down "the big class win" from the national on a
dog's resume.

Kathaleen