[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Rotation

  • From: Hickoryhill <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 18:18:29 +0000 (UTC)

Not trying to disinfranchise or incite a riot, but why does the rotation of 3
nationals in Kitchner and then 1 in the west work for Canada?? Although I
understand west coast frustrations, the number of actively exhibiting west
coast and far SW members, doesn't seem to be able to offset the loss of MW, SE,
NE exhibitors. Take the emotion out of the equation and look striclty at
numbers and the bottom line. I persoanlly liked the CO site, but I like the
Purnia site and Lexington as well. Locations that have the least number
exhibitors, and generate the least revenue and cost the most should be
eliminated. Locations that have been PROVED to generate the most exhibitors,
the most revenue, and be the most cost effective as well as being an attractive
facillity should be at the top of the list for reconsideration. By revisiting
the most profitable sites for the national, you also elminate the need for
sending the show site selection chair/ committee on wild goose chases visiting
sites that are inadequate or too costly.  If you try to please everyone, you
please no one, so you might as well just pick the top money making/cost
effective sites and be done with it. PS..Purina supports the GSDCA a great
deal, wouldn't be bad to throw business their way!