[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Rotation

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:05:32 EST

make that >> an incomplete picture <<   spell  check....sigh....lol

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
2 x Sel EX AM CH & Sel CAN CH Karizma's  Cacique of Inquest TC, aka DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major pointed) aka  JACKIE

In a message dated 2/1/2011 12:02:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

We voted  for Colorado. Maybe we have and incomplete picture, but the
bottom
line is  the membership wishes are being discarded for some as yet unclear

"benefit" or "savings".

Can we get back the money spent on  collecting and tallying those  votes?
Of course not.  Its  ridiculous we (the PC) keep spending money  and then
ignore the  desires of the membership.

I talked to a couple of other breed  clubs.  They state very clear what
they needs are when  contracting a National site. They also book 2 to 3
Nationals  ahead.  They have found it gives them better leverage when
negotiating,
and  the  MEMBERSHIP appreciates being able to plan in advance.

We hear  about members doing research, sending info, willing to drive board

members to visit sites, but they are ignored.  What gives?

I  have pretty much resigned myself that I will drive to any National
because quite frankly, I hate the way the airlines deal with the dogs.
After
they dropped BlockBuster, I just dont fly dogs anymore.   I was looking
forward
to go back to Colorado because the site was  just so convenient.   Having
your stuff, and your dogs, in a  stall under a roof versus a
tarp.....hmmmm.....

We'll see how  this will develop.  There is word of a petition for the
board  to reconsider this decision, there is word of boycotting St Louis
(that
would be a shame).....lots of unhappy people.

Is anyone  listening?

* Ileana   *

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.

any post.