[ SHOWGSD-L ] National Rotation

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:02:03 EST

We voted for Colorado. Maybe we have and incomplete picture, but the bottom
 line is the membership wishes are being discarded for some as yet unclear
"benefit" or "savings".

Can we get back the money spent on collecting and tallying those  votes?
Of course not.  Its ridiculous we (the PC) keep spending money  and then
ignore the desires of the membership.

I talked to a couple of other breed clubs.  They state very clear what
they needs are when contracting a National site. They also book 2 to 3
Nationals  ahead. They have found it gives them better leverage when
negotiating,
and the  MEMBERSHIP appreciates being able to plan in advance.

We hear about members doing research, sending info, willing to drive board
members to visit sites, but they are ignored.  What gives?

I have pretty much resigned myself that I will drive to any National
because quite frankly, I hate the way the airlines deal with the dogs. After
they dropped BlockBuster, I just dont fly dogs anymore.  I was looking  forward
to go back to Colorado because the site was just so convenient.   Having
your stuff, and your dogs, in a stall under a roof versus a
tarp.....hmmmm.....

We'll see how this will develop.  There is word of a petition for the
board to reconsider this decision, there is word of boycotting St Louis (that
would be a shame).....lots of unhappy people.

Is anyone listening?

* Ileana  *