[ SHOWGSD-L ] National Report

  • From: Julie Degen <ejdegen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:11:54 -0400

The dogs and I are finally home from the GSDCA national and "almost" unpacked.

Kestrel earned her first C Course Advanced leg with a 98.5 at the GSDCA
National which was good enough for High Scoring Breed Champion, Tending
Siegerin (high scoring Advanced Dog on C Course) and Herding Victrix (high
scoring Advanced Dog over all courses) and High in Trial.  It was the best run
that I have ever had with a dog in a trial in the 24 years that I've been
herding.  It felt perfect.  On A Course, she got her first Intermediate leg,
too.  It's pretty cool....two years ago Kestrel went HIT out of the Started A
class at the GSDCA national, now she did it again but this time on C Course.  I
am thrilled to own Kestrel with Dania Karloff and Lanalee Law.  Thank you
ladies for sharing Kestrel with me!!

At the GSDCA national, we allow other breeds to enter herding.  BC Trap got his
2nd Herding Advanced leg on A Course, finished intermediate A ducks and
Intermediate B ducks (with a Reserve High in Trial)), and got his first leg on
Advanced B ducks.  He's only 19 months old and I am VERY proud of him and how
he's working.

Also herding with me at the national was Marita Patterson's Diesel, who did a
great job after a couple of months off due to an illness.  He finished his
Herding Started A sheep title and got an insurance leg.  Ann Solt's beautiful
bitch, Venetia, finished her HT and worked AWESOME.  She has a nice future
herding if Ann wants her to go on!!

In GSDCA National Agility, Cassie (my almost 12 year old) in typical Cassie
fashion, on the first day she placed in FAST, jumped a contact in Standard, and
then had a bar in JWW when I yelled GO. On the 2nd day she had a bar in JWW,
but then won her Standard class by 12 seconds!

Cassie also was 2nd in the large and VERY nice 9 and over Veteran Bitch class.
THANK YOU, LENNY BROWN for handling her.

This was Cassie's 12th National, her 11th year competing in a sport at the
National (she took off the year 2005 when she had puppies) her 10th year
competing in agility at the National, and her 8th year in the Parade of Greats.
 I'm just thrilled she still wants to play these silly games and appreciate
every day we have together.  Thank you, Chris Kimerer, Nicky and Lew Bunch for
these many wonderful years with Cassie.

Julie Degen
www.caissonkennels.com
Sent from my