[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Length Change?

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:02:10 -0700 (PDT)

The Oregon national had a huge entry and the facility was 15 minutes away from
the show site. An easy drive. I wanted to photograph the Ranch work but it was
dark by the time they got to it.  The only snag with the trail was that the
owner of the facility owner wanted to charge the volunteers to condition his
sheep for C coarse. Those involved in C coarse though it was stupid that we had
to pay to train his sheep. The herding chair waited too long to commit to the C
coarse sheep that were available. Those sheep were leased to another club for
their national. You snooze you loose.

The Albany Oregon site would be one of the few that could host all the venues
and I am sure it is still one of the cheapest to rent. It does not make Oregon
any easier to get too.

I have a question for someone in the know. What is considered reasonable rent
monies for the national.  5,000 per day 10,000 per day?

I am guessing that most of the revenue from the Conformation portion of the
national comes from reserved seating and stall rentals and not entries.

What is reasonable rents?

Terry