[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National- How Long?

  • From: cherlyngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 08:27:18 -0500

Hello All!

John .... That was an excellent post! Yes there are many that enjoy and
participate in the performance events as well as Conformation. I for one came
in on Sunday to do Herding Instinct Monday, the Temperament Tuesday,
Conformation on Wed. (Puppy class), watch a friend / club member in Rally on
Thursday and then my daughter's dog in Obedience Friday. And yes this is my
choice. However if the National was shorten then I would have more choices to
make. Such as what do I enter and what do I NOT enter because of conflicts. As
it is, if you wish to see both Conformation and Performance you have to go back
and forth because of the time slots, the good side is they are all in the same
building.

I am not for shortening the Nationals and I feel there are many more that may
feel the same way. To those that only want 3 days, come on Thursday! And BTW
.... many years ago when the classes were larger and the duration was shorter,
there were not as many performance events offered, only obedience on Friday
with the Temperament Test on Tuesday. There was no Herding, no Herding Instinct
Test, no Agility, and no Rally and no WDA events.

Which events would be eliminated if the Nationals were shorten to 3 to 4 days?
And how would that support the 2006 slogan, "Encourage not Discourage" (think
that was what I read). If we are truely promoting the "Total GSD" then we need
to promote ALL the eventson both sides.

Just my opinion.

Linda Chernak