[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Herding venue

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lfossland@xxxxxxx>, <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Showlist'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:29:11 -0700

The Beaumont site was voted on before I was on the Board so I am not sure why
Herding is
not in the vicinity of the National.   The local Club members or the National
Chair can better
address that.
It is a disappointment to me that it is so far away too.    Linda Kury and I co
own a male that
was High Scoring in Herding last year at the National.    Linda put a lot of
effort in.....and he
would have been very  competitive this year for his HSIS.........and we would
have made an
effort to have our young male  ( what'is name )  in the Trial as well as
BO.......but we're not
going to  even try with that kind of distance between.   We just can't do it.
The herding Trial will be going on hours away and we need 3 days of hard
driving just to
get to Beaumont.     Maybe in Utah...............<G>
I know it is hard to find a good trainer for GSD with facilities and livestock
for many people
in their areas.    But as Herding gains in popularity hopefully it will be
easier.  Normally we go
to the National mainly for Conformation......and do the Herding more locally at
a convenient
place and time......especially when it is so far removed from Conformation at
the National.
Someone like Julie Degen that does ALL of it at the National is to be  HIGHLY
commended!!!
She is awesome.........and when she expresses an opinion on the subject of
availability for
all the venues at the Nationals......she should be listened to with great
respect.
Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com