[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Herding Trial - few qualifiers

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:28:42 -0700 (PDT)

That's the issue in a nutshell.
I am hesitant to spend the time and money to take my dog to a trial when the
sheep are iffy. It is not like at a trial you can have the time to work out the
problems working inappropriate sheep will cause a dog. You end up with a
frustrated dog, a frustrated owner and a huge bill. And training issues to work
on afterwards.

If you have ever tried working B or C (open field) with sheep who are not
familial with the breed, or worse, have only had bad experiences with your
breed, it can make you swear off trialing.

Ruth