[ SHOWGSD-L ] National Etc.

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:54:42 -0500

First, Ron and I would like to thank all the volunteers who worked so hard on
this past National.  Wouldn't begin to try and name all of them.  Our Show
Chair never stopped. Irene and her Stewards are outstanding.
Secondly, thanks to all who have expressed confidence in me by electing me to
the Board.  I know that this Board will work hard, together, to bring good
things to the members and the breed.  The Club belongs to the members who pay
the dues.  I look forward to working for you and with you, the other Board
Members and the Officers.  To those who were not elected, your gracious
attitudes & congratulations speak well of you.  Congrats to next year's judges.

Another thank you for being elected to judge dogs at the Canadian National.

We left Concord immediately after judging. We had to leave Atlanta for the
International Conference of Live Animal Shippers.  Got home (Atlanta) at 1 AM
driving two vehicles, unpacked, repacked for convention, at the airport the
next morning @ 8AM. headed for Las Vegas.  Left there on Tuesday night, missed
connection in PhX, got home at 2AM, took Ron to the airport the next morning at
8AM, he was headed for vacation with two sons, Pheasant Hunting in South
Dakota, leaving me to handle the volume of business during absence. How did he
get away with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Totally dragging.

Thank you Judge Debbie for the class win on our 6-9 puppy bitch and to Ken
Downing for BOS Puppy at the National.  We appreciate all the wonderful
comments about Soaring Softly of Heinerburg (Sophie).  Danny Boy was in there
to the very end, thank you Ken for considering our Boy & the nice comments
received.

The best thing about the show? The site itself, and the wonderful camaraderie,
seeing all old and new friends, the Atlanta Club, the new North GA clubs for
your awards.
The worst thing?  Sophie got loose, yes loose, her flex collar came away from
my hand  and when it hit the back of her hock she moved forward faster,  and
then the damn thing started pounding on the pavement behind her, and then
hitting her hock with a bang.  She moved faster, flex lead hit pavement harder,
louder, & then hit the hock hard.again & again.  Now she is running trying to
get away from this "thing".  Out across the street she goes. Car is coming.
It's dark. Cut across the street behind her  waving hands in the air.  Car
slams on breaks inches from her and simulteously the front tire runs over the
long string of the flex lead bringing her to a jolted stop. Car was so close
could feel the heat of the headlights. But, thank the Good Lord, I have my
hands on her.  Out of the car jumps this man who is just beside himself - none
other than Dean Wylie, sees me and says"Oh God is that the puppy from the
show.".?  Poor Dean he was a wreck.  The puppy was OK, so Dean was assured it
wasn't his fault and the puppy was fine. I was sick to my stomach, couldn't
sleep all night. Missed my clubs Regional Parade the next morning, sorry about
that, they did a good job. What a scare!! Joan Ford and Bart both informed me
how much they "hate those things" Bart cuts them up if someone comes to his
place and leaves one.  Lesson learned and it could have been A BAD ENDING, we
are so grateful it turned out OK>  A legion of angels must have been watching.
.

Wanted to congratulate all the winners, couldn't happen in a personal way, had
to drive back exhausted and get ready for convention.  Tomorrow I leave for
Decatur show, yes, another show.  I must be crazy.
Again congratulations to all the winners.
Nancy Harper