[ SHOWGSD-L ] National

  • From: "AES" <venetia@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 21:15:43 -0400

Back to work this morning but I am still flying high from one of the nicest
Nationals in recent memory.
The animals were beautiful from the Best Puppy to the GV and GVX.   The
receptions on Wednesday and Friday nights were so much fun, everyone eating,
drinking, laughing and just enjoying each others company.    The Friday night
tribute,  showcasing the many venues and accomplishments our breed is capable
of, brought tears to my eyes.

If I may I would like to brag on my Venetia and Bombay.  Venetia completed her
HT (Thank you Julie D) on Monday,  while Bombay who was shown in Rally Novice B
on Thursday, earned his 2nd leg with me on the leash.

The AOE presentation, of which we were a part of this year, was awesome with a
total of 11 GSDs .   Thank you, Helen for all your hard work and to Frank and
the Parent Club for the wonderful presentation.  I would also like to thank
Olivia (who played a large part in VV’s career)  for showing Venetia in that
incredible line-up.   Venetia has been learning herding and obedience this past
year and hadn’t been shown since Colorado.   I was so awestruck as Olivia and
VV gated around that ring, Venetia remembered!

Following the AOE presentation, was the Parade of Greats.   We were number 30,
and actually there were quite a few behind us.   WOW, I was speechless hearing
all those accomplishments of so many of my friends and our wonderful GSDs .
For me, it was especially heartfelt to see Venetia being presented by Trish
Wylie in the Parade.   Trish was to have presented Venetia in Breed last year
so seeing the two in that ring together at this year’s National brought tears
to my eyes.

Thank you all, and to old friends and new, see you next year!
Ann