[ SHOWGSD-L ] Nancy Grace show

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:09:26 -0500

I have to admit it, I'm usually a fan of the Nancy Grace show....of the
woman herself, if it comes to that.  However, I plan to write a letter
objecting to last night's program.
       The program dealt (in part) with 4 pitbulls killing a year old
baby....apparently the father kept the pits in the house all the time.
Two males, two females..
at least one was 2 years old, and one 10 months....that's all they said
about the dogs.
       The baby was asleep and the father went out into the yard,
leaving the dogs in the house with the baby.... and that's the whole
story.  It's obvious not the whole story came out......in any case, the
dogs were all destroyed immediately, and the father is facing charges of
several types, including some kind of child abuse or indifference or
some crazy thing.......

    OK, fine...but throughout the show, they kept showing films of pits
fighting --- I couldn't watch those.  I changed the channel, of course,
but flicked back every couple of minutes just to see if they'd changed
the subject or anything...and for the longest time, there were NEW dogs
fighting...... including one scene of a dog in the pit already, and a
man releasing a new dog in to fight.

       I move we all object......there is no need to show such horrible
scenes on television.  For all Nancy and her guests went on about how it
is the owners, not the dogs, who are at fault, (one guest said breeders
should be penalized...it's the breeders, not the owners), showing bloody
dog fights on TV was not what the country needs to see...........
Someone read off a list of vicious breeds (I think it was a guest, but
not sure)...Pits, Rotties, German Shepherds...and I turned it off then.....

       It was disgusting, and I think Nancy Grace should be publicly
whipped for allowing that kind of thing to be shown.  Please write and
complain.........

Peggy