[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Nail Clipping

  • From: Sarah Bishop <bliz1998@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 09:07:42 -0400

I had one dog who refused to lie down for nails.  She fought me something awful
about that.  Watched her be perfect at the groomers one day and all the sudden
it was obvious.  It wasn't the nail clipping she was having a fit about, it was
the laying down and rolling over.  We then worked on getting comfortable in the
down just because that's something she had to do once in awhile.  As for the
nails for the rest of her life I did hers while she stood, picked them up and
trimmed like you would on a horse.  After that we never had a problem with it.

My male was an evil snot the first time I did his.  Growling and carrying on
like he was going to take a chunk out of me.  I took his collar lifted his
front end up, called him a few nasty names and told him to knock it off or
else, then dropped his front end back on the ground.  He lifted his head,
looked at me with that "oh dang I screwed up didn't I" look, put his paw in my
hand and laid calmly back down.  After that the only problem we had with nails
was keeping the cat from picking on him while he was down.

Sarah
Sydney & James at the bridge
Get more from your digital life.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008