[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NUTRO concerns...

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:38:42 -0800 (PST)

Now I can say that on the last bag, mine also pooped more.  They were fine, but
going more often like there was indeed more filler.  This new bag seems fine.
And no one suffered except for me picking up more.
  sheila
Bonnie Dinsmore <vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I just called Nutro to make sure nothing was changed in the dog food. I
bought a 40lb. bag of Large Breed Lamb & Rice 3 days ago, and my dogs have been
needing to go out more than usual-pooping like they are eating a cheaper, corn
based formula, so I called and they said at the end of the cooking process, all
foods are sprayed with a poultry fat, and they may have added too much. I am
sending a sample (3 cups or so ) in a baggie for them to test. They will send
you a prepaid envelope and the results of the food testing at no charge. I told
her more GSD people were questioning the food, and she said for anyone
concerned to call her. KRISTA (ask for Krista)
1-800 833-5330
I am returning the newly opened bag right now, and getting a new one with a
different batch # on the back. The dogs don't have diarrhea, but they're going
sometimes 4-5 x a day--way more than normal.
Bonnie Dinsmore
Von Adlerhof German Shepherds
www.vonadlerhof.com