[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NOT TRUE !!!

  • From: Darbdan@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:31:18 EDT

Evan,
   I have no desire to play list ping -pong with you. The  situation that
evolved this weekend came about when I received a call early  Saturday Morning
informing me that a "secret " Executive meeting had been held  the night
before,
and 2 awards had been removed. I have to tell you I accepted  this as FACT.
The person I spoke to had many details. I almost reacted with  all the venom I
could muster, and was very close to doing so, except for one  thing. When I
questioned why this would have happened, how it was possible, what  reason was
given, I was told there was no reason given. Obviously at this point  I was
very upset, so I asked Dan to call some of the people on the executive
committee. Most were out as it was a Saturday, and people do have lives. It was
 also
my 6th wedding anniversary and Dan and I had plans,so we were in and out.  When
Dan and I got home late Saturday afternoon he made another phone call for
me, got a hold of one of the executive committee members, who assured me there
had been NO Executive committee meeting the night before, and NO awards had
been  removed. Several other committee members then called with the same
assurance.  Needless to say, I was relieved.
   I can't find the original e-mail you wrote about this whole  mess. I
thought you said I called you about this matter.You and I both know I  have
NEVER
called you about anything. I do admit to E-mailing back and forth  with you
over the years. I've checked my sent e-mail...it only goes back to the
beginning
of August. There is none to you. This means that any e-mail from me  would
have come to you in July? How would I have known 2 months or more ago that  on
Saturday, Sept. 15th I would receive a call informing me of a secret meeting
that didn't happen and the removal of awards that didn't happen?
  I have to assume that the person who called me was also  mis-informed, but
it makes me wonder how much of the information disseminated is  also
mis-information.This was a terrible situation that could have been hurtful  to
not only
the people that were the objects of this NON-Meeting, but the people  who
were accused of holding it.
I'm still in the process of trying to figure out how this whole situation
happened. Needless to say it will probobly be a long time before I believe
anyone who calls me with a conversation that starts out with the words "I
heard".I guess, if nothing else, this  mess was a good lesson.

Marilyn