[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NOT/ Number of members....& bears...

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, acorreia1043@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:26:52 -0800 (PST)

    I certainly agree with Carolyn that our National must first and foremost
  be geared for getting the dogs there.  This is all about the best GSDs
  regardless of where they reside.  The problem of getting the dogs there
  by air may very soon become a moot point and ( as in Albany) realistically
  cannot be depended on at all.  Our grand show is planned and the site
  booked several years in advance, and there is no way we will know if a
  hub will still be in existance (even the airline) by the year of that show.
  Perhaps the safer way to assure all dogs being able to get there would
  be to choose sites that are somewhat central rather than coastal.  It truly
  doesn't matter where it is for those not taking dogs ; they can get there
  easily regardless. We must make the show accessable for the dogs, taking
  into consideration  airline  fluctuatiins a few years down the road.
                      Cheers,    the other Carolyn

Carolyn <marhaven@xxxxxxx> wrote:  I sure hope this doesn't get down to being a
numbers game on who lives where
and how many.   This is not a population contest, nor a popularity contest or
I would keep my mouth shut............
Let's stay focused on Nationals that are accessible within reason for EVERYONE,
EVERY YEAR,  WITH DOGS, ALL OVER THE COUNTRY as best as possible for all.
Those of you in the middle of the Western or Eastern portion and near MAIN hub
airports might start looking for good sites...drivable by most, and MAIN hubs
reasonably close for the rest of us.   This is a big project...but remember the
goal!!
A National where the best from all over the Country can be there for us to
either
see,  or compete with.....every YEAR!  We're all running out of time....we can't
just keep waiting till it rotates  to an easy access site for our turn.

I'm done.   Now......about  bears walking on their hocks..........check it
out...

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com