[ SHOWGSD-L ] NORTHEAST FUTURITY AND SHOW INFORMATION

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "MASSTANA@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 18:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all.  This year the German Shepherd Dog Club of  Greater New Haven
(GSDCGNH) is hosting the 2014 Northeast Fut/Mat in Trumbull CT  on June 8th.
The
show site is Old Mine Park which is located on Route 111  just 100 yards
north of the junction of Routes 111 and 25.  This is our  specialty show site
for the last 10 or 15 years.  While it is a great site  with shade for our
dogs and good parking, the Town of Trumbull will not  allow overnight
parking.

SPECIALTY SHOWS
In addition to the Fut/Mat we will be hosting two specialty  shows on
Saturday June 7th at the same site.  Our esteemed judges  for these shows are
Bob
Drescher in the AM and Dan Dwier in the  PM.   Premium lists for these
shows are on the club web site  at _www.gsdcgnh.org_ (http://www.gsdcgnh.org)
under Events in Word or  PDF formats.  These entry forms must be in our show
secretary's hands by  6pm, May 28.  We will not be able to include any
entries received after  that date, sorry.  As you can see we are cutting it
close
as it is.   So please make an effort to enter these shows early.  Remember
we are  limited to only 100 dogs in each show!!!  :)

USEFUL INFORMATION

Accommodations:
1) Extended Stay America, 945 Bridgeport Ave.  Phone is  (203) 926-6868 for
reservations, Mention German Shepherd Show
    a) This is a suites type facility with  full kitchen with refrigerator
and microwave.
    b) Rates quoted are $79 for a single  queen bed.  Double queens are
available for $10 to $15/night higher.
    c) This is a pet friendly  facility with a "minimal" charge for animals
in room.

2) Residence Inn By Marriott Shelton.   1001  Bridgeport Ave.  Phone is
(203 926-9000.  Mention German Shepherd  show.
    a) This again is a suites type  facility with living room and fully
equipped kitchen.  They also include a  hot breakfast bar in the am.
    b) Studio is $89 which includes one  queen bed and one pull out sofa
    c) Studio Double Suite, includes two  queen beds and pull out sofa.
    d) Penthouse Bi-Level,  includes one queen and bath on first floor and
one queen and bath  in loft.
    e) They are pet friendly but  charge a flat $50 for dogs in room no
matter how many nights you stay.   Beautiful place.

Both of these facilities have grass, but not a lot.  No  fields on
premises.

In addition to these facilities, the Hampton Inn, The Hyatt  House Shelton
and the Homestead are close on Bridgeport Ave.

Food:
 Bertucci's - 768 Bridgeport Ave, Shelton, CT  06484
Outback Steakhouse - 698 Bridgeport Ave, Shelton, CT 06484
Giove's  Pizza Kitchen - 494 Bridgeport Ave, Shelton, CT 06484
Plaza Diner Restaurant  - 737 Bridgeport Ave, Shelton, CT 06484
Chili's - 828 Bridgeport Ave,  Shelton, CT 06484
Ruby Tuesday - 811 Bridgeport Ave, Shelton, CT 06484
Many other choices nearby

That's it for now.  Any questions please let us  know.

_Lyneagle@aol.com_ (mailto:Lyneagle@xxxxxxx)    Linda Ciocci, Fut  Chair
for GSDC GNH
_Masstana@xxxxxxx  John_ (mailto:Masstana@xxxxxxx  John)  Vaught Show Chair
for  GSDC GNH