[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NOMINATING COMMITTIEE

  • From: GreyPines@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, Jastek5@xxxxxxx, DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:42:08 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/2005 6:19:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I agree  with Kathy's post and will take it one step further. we have a
handler  running for an office position..is that a problem?...the original
poster  doesn't mention this as a conflict of interest. Handlers have been
tied to  the whipping post for too long. They can't judge futurities..unless
they  are willing to agree to not handle at any other fut...this applies to
their  spouses too. Yet..judges can exhibit..and then the next weekend judge
a  futurity..to me which seems to be the greater conflict of interest???
Same  applies to the fact that we have a person on the nominating committee
that  is judging the National..this too could be perceived  as a  conflict.
You think a handler being on the nominating committee is a  conflict...will
let me give you the heads up..not ONE person the handler  nominated received
the nod from the other committee members..yet nearly  all..if not all.. the
nominees given by the one judging the National..got  approval...need I say
more???? C.Grainger

Cathy:
An excellent point that needs to be reflected on by all who read your  post.
Regards
Bill Pfeiffer