[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NJ lawmakers look to save Congo

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>, <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 12:01:38 -0600

???   -- Please help me here!  I am from the old school and have had dog
bites etc. off and on all my life.
Not sure, but I thought the human did NOT get any kind of "rabies shots"
unless, during the 10 day periiod
the animal showed signs of the ailment!  Then, a series of shots were given.
Well, it's been so long since
I've even let anyone know of any bites I've had, guess I really am "old
school and old uninformed"!  BTW -
wouldn't the Vet records of Congo and/or his K9 family show if there was a
lax in this dept.?  Surely the
James family, owning multiple dogs, would keep up with their check ups etc.
I really thought that ONLY
IF THERE WAS A QUESTION - would these really tough shots be given to a
human!!  I'm lost on all
of this but certainly would like to know more on what is and/or is not
required for BITES and what is
or is not needed for same.   WOW and really a double wow to me??      Norma
no L