[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NEW SUBJECT - ADD ON NAVIGATION UNITS

  • From: Carolyn Putnam <kleinkauf2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wynsum@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 13:32:29 -0800

I have a GPS installed on my Ford Escape and don't like it.  The reason
being it doesn't show you the lane you need to be in to prepare to take
turns....so when you are downtown L. A. (for instance) you can really get
messed up.  The other reason is that you have to take your eyes off the road
and look down (due to where it is installed in the dash) to see it's
mapping.
Now my son has had a Guvi for the past 3 years and it's great.  Besides the
portability, you can see the mapping when you have it up on the dash. It
also will tell you far enough ahead to prepare for turns.  It can be set to
take you around towns.  A Truck driving friend uses a Tom-Tom and likes it.

Nearly all the GPS units can direct you to various types of Restaurants,
Lodging, gas stations, etc.

Lots of choices......

Carolyn Putnam