[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NEW SUBJECT - ADD ON NAVIGATION UNITS

  • From: "steve d." <cimarrongsd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wynsum@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:15:00 -0600

If you can stand to take your laptop along, consider Delorme.com.
You can install the program on your laptop, plug in the sensor (about the
size of a small mouse),
throw the sensor up on your dashboard, and away you go.

I like the maps better than Garmin etc.  The ones from Garmin tended to look
like a kid drew them in.
The ones from Delorme looked more like a Rand McNally map.

Plus the maps are as large as your laptop screen.

The Earthmate LT-40 with the street atlas plus sells for 89.95.
I would NOT recommend the topographical map - waste of time / money.
Just the street atlas plus.

http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10091

one drawback, is that for longer trips, you need something to plug your
laptop into, if your battery won't last that long.

/steve d.
Visit Cimarron Shepherds on the Web!
http://www.cimarron-gsd.com/
Friends don't let Friends go to kansas!