[ SHOWGSD-L ] NEW RESCUE ANNOUNCEMENT-UPDATE

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:04:37 -0500

Well, Thanksgiving was very bountiful for the, up and coming in 2010, Weeping
Willow 2nd Chance GSD Sanctuary.  We have pulled our Board of Directors
together and will now be able to start on our incorporation papers and then
501c3.  Our first GSD senior (8 years old) arrived in foster and we have
several waiting in the wings.  We need your help to get this off the ground.  I
will still remain on the BOD of Last Hope because we need to work together.  I
implore the breeders who bring life to the GSD, exhibitors, handlers, and all
GSD lovers of the breed to get behind this sanctuary to help give the unwanted
seniors a place to lay their heads and enjoy a good life in their "golden
years".  We  also  plan to give adoptables a better chance at finding a forever
home through re-training, if needed, working on positive obedience, and
possibly finding their "job" in their new home with TDI, SAR, etc.  Several
trainers have already stepped forth to help with evaluations :-)
Weeping Willow 2nd Chance GSD Sanctuary BOD below:

Founder/President - Pat Lukos
Co-Founder/Vice President - Vicki Burkey
Secretary - Barb Heck
Treasurer - Pat Lukos (temporary)
Directors -
Sally Hayden
Sherry Nolan
Karen Teplitzky
Joe Maringo (SPARRO Rescue)

Donations of any type will help; gift cards-Walmart, Home Depot,  Visa, etc.
Dog supplies-collars, leashes, food, kuranda beds, orthopedic beds or any soft
large beds (these are a must).  We can provide you with a tax deductible
donation through SPARRO until we get all our papers filed.  A more detailed
"wish list" will be announced later.

We are also looking for a fund raiser person to help generate some money for
this sanctuary.  Anyone interested :-)

Pat Lukos
SARAVA German Shepherds
www.saravagsd.com (visit updated site)
Weeping Willow 2nd Chance GSD Sanctuary
(coming to Ohio in 2010)  (web site coming soon)
Secretary, Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc.
www.lasthopesafehaven.com