[ SHOWGSD-L ] NEW RESCUE ANNOUNCEMENT

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:04:53 -0500

An Announcement to the List:
It is with very mixed and excited feelings that I want to announce the
beginning of a new German Shepherd rescue and senior sanctuary that will be
located in eastern Ohio. I have purchased a piece of property that, with some
renovations by way of funding and support from our GSD family, will become,
"Weeping Willow's 2nd Chance GSD Rescue & Senior Sanctuary".  Vicki Burkey and
a few others in the fancy will be joining me to work to make this dream come
true.  Of course, we will still continue to campaign our show dogs....another
addiction - LOL

This will be an actual "hands-on" senior sanctuary for GSDs.  We are in the
process of getting our Board together, getting incorporation papers filed, and
working on the 501c3 application.  This rescue will NOT be affiliated with Last
Hope Safe Haven but we WILL work in harmony and in conjunction with them; just
in a different capacity.  This is what networking is all about.  Let's continue
to grow in all aspects to save our Breed from shelters and homelessness.

Over the last three years working with Last Hope, the critical need for the
"hands on" GSD rescue in Ohio/PA/WV/MI/IL has become a crisis.  My need to
actually do something tangible became great, thus the birth of "Weeping
Willow's".

Watch for the new web site.  Donations and volunteers to help make this come
dream come true would be appreciated.  We look forward to working with other
rescues in this walk on the path to save GSDs in shelters.  Please help and
join us, just send an email for more information.  More to come as we progress.

Pat Lukos
SARAVA German Shepherds
www.saravagsd.com
President/Founder
Weeping Willow's 2nd Chance GSD Rescue & Sanctuary
Secretary
Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc.