[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NEW PETA COMMERCIAL

  • From: Karen M. Carloni <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:19:36 -0500

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:36:24 -0500, "Doc Zoe"
<wynsum@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thank you for the Turley killed by stomping on its head,
>kept in a black box all its life etc etc

Hmmm... I just saw an episode of Modern Marvels last
night: the subject was "Turkeys." They showed a bit of the
breeding and raising of modern, white turkeys where the
birds live their whole lives in roomy housing with all the
water and food they want. They have fans and sprinkler
systems to keep them cool and the farmer stressed that he
wants his birds to be happy because happy birds are
healthier and grow better... and that's good for his
business. I don't know if that's atypical of most turkey
growers, but the birds on this particular farm looked to
have a pretty darned good life.  <shrugs>

--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091126-1, 11/26/2009
Tested on: 11/26/2009 2:19:36 PM