[ SHOWGSD-L ] NEW LITTER!!

  • From: CMILL189@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 14:57:43 EDT

I am so excited to announce we  have a new litter at MillerTime!! 10
Puppies!!!

It's been such a long wait and so many hurdles to overcome,  it's hard to
believe that I finally have a litter from my awesome sable girl  Gypsy.
Paula Peters, myself, and Ch MillerTime's American  Gypsy OFA excellent,  took
road trip to Michigan in May to visit Ann  and AOE Sel Ch Mechanical Bull
of Edan ROM  (and of course to stop at  every TJMAXX along the way LOL) After
a very stressful Holiday week of going  back and forth to the vet, Gypsy's
and Gillie's puppies were born at Slade Vet  Hospital on Wed July 6. by
C-section. The vets there are just so amazing. They  turn a C section into such
a great experience for the bitch and the owners!  They take care of every
detail and make sure that every puppy has nursed twice  and that mom is AOK
before you leave. They have a wonderful private living  room that you wait in
and where the bitch wakes up with us there, and an  incubator for the pups.
What a wonderful experience.  As it turns out  thank goodness we chose the
planned C Sec, as  her uterus was  twisted with one of the pups. When the vet
removed the puppy she was able to  twist the uterus back in place no
problems. I just can't even begin to think  what would have happened if we did
not
choose the C Section!
 Now back to the litter! This is Gypsy's first litter we waited  almost 10
months for her to come into season!  I am still shocked to find  out that
she had 10 pups on her first litter with an AI and an 8 year old stud  dog!!!
Thank you Ann and Gilley!  I guess AI's really do work!! LOL. We  have 4
Sables (2M 2F) and 6 dark Black and Tans (2M 4F)  Gypsy allowed  the pups to
nurse right away but it took 21/2 days for her to start cleaning  them and
really caring for them (you were right Ann, Gypsy kicked in last  night and
started to clean them!) It's been a really tiring 3 days but boy was  it worth
it!  Thanks for letting me share!!   Cindy

Craig & Cindy Miller
MillerTime Shepherds
German  Shepherds with Style

any post.