[ SHOWGSD-L ] NEW CHAMPION BRAG

  • From: "Bob" <rmvw1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:19:06 GMT

I am pleased to announce that Vanderwerth Liv Tyler Witmer
has completed her Championship requirements. Sire is Ch.Nike =

Clayfield Andre Segovia, her dam is Tia of Vanderwerth.
Congratulations to her co-owner Kris Christian of Oregon. You made it =

look easy.Thank you Kris. =

Co-owners Breeders: Robert Van Winkle & Susan Witmer.

Regards,
Robert Van Winkle
VANDERWERTH

-- Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
showgsd-l Digest        Mon, 03 Jul 2006        Volume: 03  Issue: =

1576

In This Issue:
        #1:     From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Why is my Bitch fat?
        #2:     From: "Willimar" <willimar@xxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: New Canadian Champion
        #3:     From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
                Subject: Re: Need Mike Sherman's number
        #4:     From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
                Subject: Re: Any Clues? Primative Folk Art GSD
        #5:     From: "Margaret" <winstone@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: steam cleaners ot
        #6:     From: "Jane Kerner" <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Best Friends.....
        #7:     From: "Pam Brink" <pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: A question about judges
        #8:     From: "Pam Brink" <pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject:  confessions of a dishonest JUDGE...long
        #9:     From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
                Subject: Re: A question about judges
        #10:    From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
                Subject: Re: Why is my Bitch fat?
        #11:    From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
                Subject: CA Brag
        #12:    From: Pammy <gsdlover729@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: A HUGE congrats!
        #13:    From: "Pam Brink" <pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Another question on judges and consequences

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 07:36:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

=2E...I have a 16 day old litter, all six are big, healthy, well feed =

by momma, and very quiet!...all good signs right...well mom is still =

fat...she looks like she is still pregnant!...the obvious answer is =

that I am feeding her too much...well not really...I actually was =

afraid that I was not feeding her enough...I took a trip to the vet =

two days after birth to made sure all was well after the =

delivery...she was always a tad on the heavy side but I have never =

had a bitch two weeks after birth look so big..... she IS a coat, and =

coats sometimes look bigger than they really are....or maybe I'm just =

worried for nothing...any one else out there have fat bitches two =

weeks after the whelping of a litter?...hey! any one out there that =

want to go the the Oakland A's game with me on Wednesday?...I'll pick =

you up at the airport.......lol.....FB

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: "Willimar" <willimar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:34:53 -0400

I'm please to announce our Willimar's I'mAllThat =

ShadowValley,OFA, "Ava" just completed her requirements for her =

Canadian Championship this weekend at the Sarnia KC shows. On Friday =

she was WB under judge Lawerence Stanbridge and we went back =

yesterday, under judge Olga Gagne she was WB and BOW. Ava was =

breeder/owner handled by my daughter Kelly Kriesch. =

Ava is litter sister to our Axel and a repeat of our Am Ch/2x Select =

Can Ch. "Livy".
She was bred by myself,husband Kevin and Kelly.
Sired by: Am Ch./Can Ch/UKC Gr. Ch. Baa Baa Black Sheep of =

Edan,OFA,TC,TDI,CGC and Can. HIC, "Wooly". Owned by Karen Fisher. =

Dam: Treu's Say It Isn't Zo of Edan, "Zoey"
Chris Willis

Willimar Kennels
Home of:
Am Ch./2x Sel. Can. Ch. Willimar's Olivia v =

ShadowValley,TC,OFA  "Livy"
Am Ch/Can Ch/UKC Ch. Willimar's GunsNRoses ShadowValley,TC,OFA "Axel"
Multiple BOBs
Willimar's I'mAllThat ShadowValley,OFA  "Ava"
 (AKC,CKC, & UKC pointed)
Shep-Haven's Out Of The Park, "Reggie"
www.willimarshepherds.com

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:57:58 EDT

Got it, thank you!!
 =

Ileana
Chance favors the prepared  mind

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:58:31 EDT

 =

In a message dated 7/3/2006 2:00:04 A.M. Central Standard Time, =

Blackoaks1  =

writes:
bought  this item on E-Bay. It is hand carved, and has the initials =

EJM, and =

the date  1938 carved on the back. It measures 15 1/2" by 14', and is =

1 3/4 =

inches  thick. If it was carved when dated, it is nearly 70 years =

I only go back to the "50s". I think everyone is dead that might be =

able to  =

help you. I would suggest a call to the AKC's Dog Museum. I know the =

GSDCA =

gave  some  pieces to the Museum  about 20 years ago. Like all  =

museums,they =

might have a research person that can check the GSD collection for  =

any =

information.It is an interesting piece,Please keep us informed if you =

find  the =

answer----------------------------- Good Luck Helen Miller  Fisher

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: "Margaret" <winstone@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 08:08:24 -0700

Thanks to everyone who replied about the little green machine and =

steam cleaners. I have picked one up so before hubby has a chance to =

steal it for his truck I will be steaming away today. =

Margaret

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
From: "Jane Kerner" <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:13:18 -0500

Just a reminder.......of the words of Sir Walter Scott.

"Recollect that the Almighty, who gave the dog to be companion of our =

pleasures and our toils, hath invested him with a nature noble and =

incapable of deceit."

Yes,  acknowledgement of ignorance and the admission that mankind is =

limited in  understanding is, indeed, a virtue.

I am not sure about the desire to be more limited in understanding  =

and/or "going around in circles".  =3D;-) <G>

My dog does not appear to know he is limited.....
=2E.....even though I have tried to teach him how to bake a cake.

 I have put the recipe book in front of him, explained how the  oven =

works, and put all of the necessary ingredients and utensils before =

him.

Still no cake.

For the life of me, I cannot teach my German Shepherd Dog to bake a =

cake.

Apparently, we all have our limitations. Knowing our own limits and =

our dogs' limits is important knowledge.

I finally figured out that there are some things my German Shepherd =

and I cannot do......because we simply do not have the necessary =

capability.
I cannot teach him this cake trick.and he cannot learn it.

I am able to teach him how to run down and get the newspaper out of =

the box for me, but I cannot teach him to read it.

But all of us are capable of cherishing  our friends.

This is most certainly true.

Jane Kerner

 =

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
From: "Pam Brink" <pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:22:14 -0600

I was at a recent show where I watched an unusual judging performance-
I was
outside the ring, where I belong.
 =

The judge appeared to be confused a number of times when checking his
judge's book against the dogs stacked in the ring waiting =

evaluation.  He
would look at the dogs, back at his book, makes some notations, look =

at the
dogs again and again make notations.  Then he would walk up to the =

handlers
and, with judge's book in hand, check each handlers number against the
judges book.  This was after the ring steward had checked each dog =

entering
the ring.  Not only was this behavior puzzling it also took up a lot =

of
time.  Then in the BIS ring, he did the same thing, looking puzzled.  =

Then,
going up to each handler and checking the number, he asked, "and your =

dog
represents the ------ group?"  The handlers were laughing at him.

 =

In watching this man I wondered if he had incipient Alzheimer's =

disease.
His behavior was so unusual.

 =

At the same time, he picked up the fact that a special that had been =

given a
Group first the day before, was missing three teeth on the same side =

of its
mouth.  He did not excuse the dog or disqualify it, but he did notice =

which
the other judges had not. The dog did not take the breed as usual =

that day.

 =

When you see a judge behaving as if he might be having trouble =

judging, is
there anyone who is to be notified?  Does anyone monitor judges who =

are
getting too old for the job?  I have been judged by some extremely =

adept 80
year olds, so chronological age is not the issue; it is the decline in
competence.  Or do clubs, by word of mouth, pass on that this judge =

has
passed his prime and no longer be invited to judge. (It goes without =

saying
that this applies to women as well.)  Evidently the club who hired =

this
judge had not gotten the word.  I felt sorry for the man, yet he =

accepted
the judging assignment.  Is he unaware that his acuity is fading?  =

That the
handlers are laughing at him?  It was an uncomfortable experience for =

me.

 =

Pam Brink

pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://clubweb.interbaun.com/pamb/Index.htm

 =

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
From: "Pam Brink" <pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:27:20 -0600

Ed, thank you so much.  You have a great sense of humor.  Or do I =

detect
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D?
 =

Pam Brink

pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://clubweb.interbaun.com/pamb/Index.htm

 =

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 11:56:02 EDT

 =

In a message dated 7/3/2006 10:24:06 A.M. Central Standard Time,  =

pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
He
would look at the dogs, back at his book, makes some notations,  look =

at the
dogs again and again make notations.  Then he would walk  up to the =

handlers
and, with judge's book in hand, check each handlers  number against =

the

  Hi. The AKC REQUIRES the judge to check all armband numbers of  =

each =

exhibitor. It doesn't matter whether the Ring Steward has checked =

them. It  is an =

absolute rule,because it's the JUDGES book count that determines the  =

points. We =

usually don't have AKC reps at our shows,but if there had been,and  =

the judge =

didn't check the numbers,The AKC would call him on it. I always stay  =

by the =

entrance,and check the numbers off as they enter the ring. Maybe this =

was  a =

new judge and they haven't  finalized their procedure
                                                         Helen Miller =

Fisher

------------------------------

Msg: #10 in digest
From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 11:57:13 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2006 9:37:41 AM Central Standard Time, =

edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
?...hey! any one out there that want to go the the Oakland A's game =

with me =

on Wednesday?...I'll pick you up at the airport.......lol.....FB

No thank you.........................  if you want to watch a " =

REAL " =

baseball game, come to Chicago.

    Gary

------------------------------

Msg: #11 in digest
From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 12:04:50 EDT

(I am forwarding this brag for Tracy Radigan, she is PC'less at the  =

moment)
 =

Great weekend in CA
 =

Friday: Rivendell's Rubasse aka Ruby went BIF Friday under Cyndi  =

Flautt. =

Handled by JR Alcantara.  Owned by Lissa & Jim  Cunningham, Tracy =

Radigan, and =

Paul & Jennifer Root.
 =

Saturday: WD, BOS, BOW (4 points) JEZRA'S DAYTONA Breeder T. Radigan, =

E.  =

Hill & C. Caruso  Ch Karagin's Hoodlum of Castlehill X Elvaston's  =

Tuscany HT =

Owner T. Radigan, R.  Nichols, C. Tellefsen, K. Taylor
Sunday: WD (4 points) JEZRA'S DAYTONA Breeder T. Radigan, E. Hill & =

C.  =

Caruso  Ch Karagin's Hoodlum of Castlehill X Elvaston's Tuscany HT =

Owner T.  =

Radigan, R.  Nichols, C. =

Tellefsen, K. Taylor

Sunday: RWD JEZRA'S TALLEDEGA Breeder T. Radigan, E. Hill &  C. =

Caruso  CH =

Karagin's Hoodlum of Castlehill X Elvaston's Tuscany HT  Owner Anne =

H. Thompson, =

T. Radigan  & R. Nichols

The WD and the  RWD on Sunday are littermates.
 =

Great weekend, now we are praying that Ruby comes home and gets  =

better.
Thanks to all for the good wishes, the congratulations, and the =

prayers for  =

Ruby.
 =

Tracy.
 =

 =

------------------------------

Msg: #12 in digest
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:23:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Pammy <gsdlover729@xxxxxxxxx>

I would like to congratulate Mrs. Donna Restuccia on
her huge wins yesterday at the Wrentham MA Wampanoag
Kennnel Club dog show!
Not only did she finish her home bred male, now
Champion Laxfield's Hit Man going Winners Dog, Best of
Winners and Best of Breed also taking a group 3, she
also took Winners Bitch, Laxfield's Amazing Grace and
Reserve dog, Laxfields Tony Soprano, all of them being
her breeding and under her ownership!
Also on Sat. at the Hockamock Kennel Club in Wrentham,
MA She took Winner's Dog and BOS, Laxfield's Hit Man
with Reserve dog going to Laxfields Cold Hard Cash,
whom is loved by Colin and Angela Howells! Again her =

breeding! Quite an accomplishment! Way to go, Dallas
and Kizzy kids! =

Health and Happiness
Pam and her GSD pack

"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, =

who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and =

hate." - -Sigmund Freud =

                =

---------------------------------
How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger=92s low  PC-to-Phone =

call rates.

------------------------------

Msg: #13 in digest
From: "Pam Brink" <pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:23:33 -0600

This must be my week for wondering about judges.
 =

At a show, I was watching a multi group winning specials dog being =

examined
when all of a sudden there was something going on in the ring and =

lots of
talk between judge and handler.  Then the handler left the ring with =

the dog
and the judging continued.  I later learned the dog had been =

disqualified
for having only one testicle.  This was not a surgical loss, it had =

been
there all along throughout the dog's career and missed by a lot of =

judges.
But both the owner and handler were quite aware of the problem from =

the
outset, I was told.

 =

What happens in a case like this when a mature specials dog is =

disqualified
for a defect he had as a puppy?  Are all his wins discounted?  Is his
championship revoked? =

 =

What of all the judges who missed such an obvious defect that should =

have
been apparent on the usual examination?  Does anyone ask why?  Or do =

we all
just forget about it and go on?  And what of the owner and handler =

who were
well aware and showed the dog anyway?  Are there any repercussions =

for them?
Or is the disqualification punishment enough?

 =

The uninformed would like to know.  Basically I am just curious.  You =

didn't
mention this kind of an example in your "confessions" Ed.

 =

Pam Brink

pamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://clubweb.interbaun.com/pamb/Index.htm