[ SHOWGSD-L ] NEED HELP FROM QUINCY IL

  • From: "terraf" <Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "show gsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 07:23:11 -0600

Another UPDATE regarding IL
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 7:12 AM
Subject: Illinois Lobbyist

Need your help. Need to find Quincy area people to call/fax/email Sen Sullivan.

Here is Rita's emails.
  From: "Rita Devito"
  To: "Debbi M Jones"
  Subject: Re: Illinois Lobbyist
  Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:43:55 +0000

  Find people who live in the Quincy area and make sure Sen Sullivan gets
  reelected!!!!!!!! He was solid gold for us today!!!!!! And I'm a Republican
  but certainly appreciate a blue dog dem stepping up to the plate to put
  these AR people in their place. God I would love to have been a bug on those
  walls. today////////// All those big shots reading and copying my
  handwritten notes. Who knew.....It took me five hours to read and re read
  and write and then rewrite up those notes because I hate to type.
  Rita

  -------------- Original message from "Rita Devito"  --------------

  > The house bill for now is pretty much a dead issue Fritchey is so busy in
  > Chgo running for the fifth District Us Congress that the Committee
  > Chairman  Bob Rita who would hold the hearing if there were one told Chuck
I am not

   From:Rita Devito >

  To:Debbi M Jones > Cc:Jan Leonard >

  Subject: Re:  Illinois Lobbyis

  > > Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:32:21 +000

  > > I have sent my thoughts on to the lobbyist this Am. the three lobbyists
  > > are going over my commentary on each page. Most of which is an
unattainable
  >> goal. My thought on this is that the only way Illinois is going to stop
  > > (puppy mills) what they are trying to accomplish is to stop all
  > > importation

  > > of dogs into our state from other states if the dogs are going to be
  > > resold  in pet shops.(and that is restraint of trade and probably illegal
under
  > > the  constitution)
  > >
  > > No way to control the kennel operators in other states and know that the
  > > disclosure forms our State is asking a pet shop owner to provide to the
  > > buyer from the breeder as to how many litters per year the breeder has
  > > had  will ever be accurate. The dog police state is what I call this
  > > legislation.  totally unattainable in a state with no money. as it would
require the
  > > Dept of Ag to hire many more people to inspect and enforce these new
laws.
  > > Since  they want the revenue to go into the GENERAL FUND who is then
going to
  > > fund  this new law were it to be passed????

  > > The very best catch on this rewrite was at the bottom they state that
  > > all money collected from fines and licensing shall go into the ILL
GENERAL
  > > REVENUE FUND and not in the Dept of Agriculture fund which is who is
  > > suppose  to be enforcing this whole bill. Well you and I know what
happens when
  > > any money goes into a general fund . It is then used to pay the shortfall
  > > for whatever other expense they have coming up on their other agendas. It
is
  > > a totally unattainable piece of legislation. If you have time to pull it
  > > up go to www.ilga.gov  insert SB53 in the box provided then when it opens
up click