[ SHOWGSD-L ] NE GSD Olympics

  • From: CMILL189@xxxxxxx
  • To: Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, CHGermanShepherdShowDogsList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:03:06 EDT

  I would like to thank the Bay State and Southern New Hampshire GSD Clubs
for  holding the 10th GSD Olympics in Oxford, MA Sat. Both clubs worked really
hard and what a great day they planned for all of us. They got perfect weather,
a little bit chilly, but compared to rain or snow, It was perfect!! It was
such fun showing all the young dogs for their first time!! I went with 4
entries
and 3 of them won their class! My "Sudz" was even owner handled which was
really fun to do. Thanks for helping to double him Em!!
 The judges Marilyn Smith, John Vaught and Denise Black  were so awesome and
so patient with all of the entries. It was a very non stress, fun day of
showing. And the judges were a big part of that. They made everyone feel so
comfortable!! Also Thanks to Fred and Annette for spending the day handling!!
You
guys did an awesome job showing all of those new puppies for their very first
time!
 There were at least 3 brand new people there that I knew of. 2 of them had
been training in conformation classes at my kennel with their GSD's. Both new
comers handled their own dogs in the conformation ring for the very first time!
Both were very nervous but so happy that they did it themselves!! They should
be very proud! It was very exciting when one of them placed. Another newcomer
that I met, had a friend of mine handle their pup and they placed too. Smiles
everywhere! All in all it was just a great day!
Then to top it off the both clubs planned a dinner right on the show grounds
after judging. What an awesome feed we had. It was delicious and plenty of
food for everyone. Dan Smith gave a very enjoyable talk about why the Nationals
are so Important. Great Job Dan we really enjoyed it!!
PS And of the biggest surprise of the day was Herbie!
Cindy

Craig and Cynthia Miller
MillerTime Shepherds
German Shepherds with STYLE