[ SHOWGSD-L ] NDR - I'm officially a 'motorcycle mama' now!

  • From: "Kristen Cabe" <showgsdlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SHOWGSD-L <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:26:16 -0400

I'm so excited I just had to share! This weekend, I took the Basic Rider
Course at one of the local community colleges. The class is sponsored by the
Motorcycle Safety Foundation <http://www.msf-usa.org/>, which is an
internationally recognized organization. I was terrified Saturday morning,
because although I've ridden on the back of motorcycles quite a bit, I've
never tried to drive one, and basically knew nothing about the controls or
anything. By the end of the day yesterday, I was able to weave through
cones, do quick-stops while going straight & while in a curve, corner
effectively, use my turn signals and change lanes, do figure eights, go over
speed bumps or other such small obstacles that must be crossed, change
gears, and swerve to avoid an obstacle/pedestrian/etc! Here's a short video
that shows some of the things I had to learn:
http://http.vitalstreamcdn.com/msfusa_vitalstream_com/BRC_Highlights_20051218.wmv
I had SO much fun, and now all I have to do is go to the DMV, take the
written test, and show them my graduation card and they'll put the
endorsement on my license!! Now I just have to figure out what kind of bike
I want to get.

Kristen