[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NATIONALS.. or Bust....

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <EJDegen@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 07:32:29 -0700

I agree wholeheartedly with Julie and think this is one of the most common
sense posts
on the subject of National sites I've seen for a while.
ANYONE that flies in from Korea to Maryland and then drives from Maryland with
their
dog to attend a National in Beaumont, Tx.  deserves to be listened to in their
opinion on
this subject and knows and understands the issues.   Someone like Julie ( and
many of
us )  obviously does not wait till it is in her back yard.
Most cannot do what Julie is doing ........but she is 100% correct in her
assertion that the
sites really need to be along the line of central bisection of this Country.
It simply makes it more reasoable and available for those who must drive...and
that number
increases every year that the airline flights available for dogs decrease
....and yet increase
in price for dogs.
Get out your rulers......SLC  and Springfield come very close,  and Colo. is
reasonably within
central but could be a little better for the East.   We don't expect
perfection......just reasonable
Meantime.......lets all go to Beaumont!!!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com